Muffins are ideal for picnics due to their portability and versatility. They’re easy to bake, store, and carry, and the range of available flavors and styles is limitless.
Like my Spinach Banana Muffin recipe, these low-carb Keto Pumpkin Muffins show us you don’t have to scrimp on the sweets while trying to watch your diet.
Keto pumpkin muffins make a perfect sweet treat without the guilty carbs, a great seasonal fall picnic dessert everyone can enjoy.
As with my Jumbo Pumpkin Muffin recipe, make sure you use pumpkin puree (or make fresh pumpkin puree) and not pre-bought pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling already has sugars and spices added, whereas puree is just that – pumpkin puree.
You can eat these delicious pumpkin spice muffins as is, or you can add some additional toppings. These are our favorites:
Optional Muffin Toppings
- For a little extra sweetness, top the pumpkin muffins with cinnamon sugar: mix ½ tsp of cinnamon with 2 tbsp of granulated sweetener. You can sprinkle the muffins with it, or, coat or brush the top of the muffins lightly with melted butter and then coat them with cinnamon sugar.
- Drizzle the muffins with some melted dark chocolate.
- Use both the cinnamon and sugar sprinkles and dark chocolate drizzle.
- Top the muffins with some crushed pecans before baking them.
How to Store the Muffins
- Leftover muffins will keep covered on the counter or in a cupboard for up to 3 days (they will remain very moist). Or, store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days.
- You can also freeze these muffins for a convenient grab-and-go snack. Perfect for impromptu picnics.
Want More Low-Carb Ketos Dessert Ideas?