Welcome to Picnic Lifestyle
I’m Kate, a passionate cook, photographer, and unrivaled picnic fanatic who loves to whip up a portable feast.
I fell in love with cooking early on, a passion nurtured throughout my life. Yet, my fervor for picnicking took root during an epic five-year globetrotting escapade with my partner Mark, which I chronicled on the renowned travel blog Vagrants of the World Travel (A tongue-in-cheek nod to our nomadic lifestyle).
During that time, I was privileged to have my photography published in National Geographic travel guides, online and in print, and National Geographic Animals Facts. During those years, I worked with notable companies such as Viking Cruises, reviewing and photographing their various cruises throughout Europe, and contributed to publications such as Canadian Traveller and various travel magazines.
Still a frequent traveler, I love seeking out local ingredients when we travel to create delicious and picturesque picnics and alfresco meals on our travels. It was during our nomadic years that I really embraced crafting picnics on the go and alfresco cooking.
I also developed a love for concocting portable feasts for our many hiking adventures and those long travel days. There’s nothing more delicious than a mug of tea and a sandwich with overripe tomatoes and fresh feta that has hiked 6 miles across a Greek island with you. Or the simple pleasure of pulling a crusty baguette, some charcuterie ingredients, and a small bottle of wine from your bag on a long-distance train through France.
Taking my love for al fresco dining to a new level, I’ve curated this lifestyle guide devoted to crafting picnics for every occasion and the joy of cooking and dining outdoors.
What You Will Find on Picnic Lifestyle
Be it a sun-soaked beach picnic, a cozy BBQ shindig in the park or at home, a swanky urban al fresco extravaganza, a serene backyard gathering, or even a charming indoor picnic on a rainy day.
In this treasure trove of picnic tips, you’ll find:
- Picnic Accessories: The secrets to selecting both beautiful and practical picnic accessories.
- Picnic Food: Healthy and delicious picnic recipes, from salads and sandwiches to picnic finger food and dietary specialties such as vegan picnic recipes and keto-friendly dishes. You’ll also find plenty of easy-to-make and very portable picnic desserts.
- Seasonal Picnics: Picnic ideas, from Easter parties and Halloween picnic ideas to alfresco dining tips for the fall season.
- Tips and Guides: Tips for creating perfect picnics, from keeping your sandwiches from going soggy to keeping food cold in the great outdoors, and practical tips for serving soup at a picnic.
- Special Occasions: Ideas for special occasions like birthday picnics and kids’ picnic parties.
Picnic Lifestyle is a guide to help you make your picnics an absolute breeze so you can revel in alfresco feasting more often.
So, come along on this journey to create unforgettable picnic experiences that blend the joy of cooking with the beauty of nature.
Cheers to mouthwatering moments in the wild and on the go!